Water Treatment Plant
A Water Treatment Plant Costs
The village of Kharo Bajeer in Sindh has a population of 3,000 people and is in a desert area with one of the lowest Human Development Index ratings in Pakistan.
The people of the village had to travel a great distance to fetch ‘salty dirty’ harmful waterborne diseased water from dangerous wells with a depth of more than 150 feet in rugged valleys, adding a great deal of fear and misery to their daily lives.
Lack of clean drinking water is a major problem in developing countries
After an in-depth analysis, feasibility and benefit study, Ehsaas installed a ‘Reverse Osmosis (RO)’* water treatment plant, with a capacity of 10,000 gallons of clean drinking water per day.
This has given the people of Kharo Bajeer Village safe, clean drinking water, avoiding many common diseases previously in the village including bacterial diarrhea, hepatitis A and E and typhoid fever.
The Kharo Bajeer Water Treatment Plant has changed the lives of people drastically, especially for children and women: child mortality rates have dropped; children now spend more time in primary education and extracurricular activities; families are able to concentrate providing a better life for their children and for the elderly.
We would like to thank the 243 donors who made the Kharo Bajeer Water Treatment Plant possible.
Previously, we have also installed a Water Treatment Plant in Umer Kot with a capacity of 50,000 gallons of clean drinking water per day! Helping those people who were greatly affected by the floods.
A Water Treatment Plant Provides:
- clean drinking water
- improving sanitation and hygiene
- avoids many common diseases including bacterial diarrhea, hepatitis A and E and typhoid fever
- decreases child mortality rates
- reduces water collection time giving children more time in primary education and families are able to concentrate providing a better life for their children and for the elderly
Why not help provide a life-changing donation…
- in your name
- in your loved-ones name or
- in the name of your loved-ones that have passed away