Providing Vocational Training for one lady costs
Every year, over 12,000 ladies are trained in different trades which enables them to do work and earn a dignified living, taking themselves and their families out of poverty. In addition, Ehsaas has also started a vocational tailoring course for ladies at its office.
Why Education is so important?
- It empowers children and adults alike to become active participants in the transformation of the society they live
- It is a passport to human development
- It opens doors and expand opportunities and freedoms
- It fosters peace, democracy and economic growth as well as improving health and reducing poverty
- It beats poverty: one extra year of schooling increases a person’s earnings by up to 10%
- It reduces child mortality: a child born to a mother who can read is 50% more likely to survive past age five
- It contributes to improved maternal health: women with higher levels of education are more likely to seek health care and support
Education helps take individuals and their whole families out of poverty