Donate to our Education Fund from £25
Ehsaas currently have two schools in Pir Mahal, Pakpattan, Punjab, Pakistan, that cater for over 200 children from poor backgrounds. Apart from the teaching staff, the schools also provides all that is required including uniforms, books and lunch.
School Uniform and Books cost £25
General School Fund from £35
Help Build a New School
Ehsaas has also acquired land to build a third new school and needs your generous support in completing this project.
Help Build our New School Donate from £100
In addition, after school, the premises are also used to provide ladies with Vocational Training on things like sewing and dress-making. Once qualified, they are also provided with a sewing machine. Every year, over 12,000 ladies are trained here and in Karachi, which enables them to do work and earn a dignified living, taking themselves and their families out of poverty.
Vocational Training for a lady costs £200
Why Education is so important?
- It empowers children and adults alike to become active participants in the transformation of the society they live
- It is a passport to human development
- It opens doors and expand opportunities and freedoms
- It fosters peace, democracy and economic growth as well as improving health and reducing poverty
- It beats poverty: one extra year of schooling increases a person’s earnings by up to 10%
- It reduces child mortality: a child born to a mother who can read is 50% more likely to survive past age five
- It contributes to improved maternal health: women with higher levels of education are more likely to seek health care and support
Education helps take individuals and their whole families out of poverty